Wednesday 9 April 2014

Day 12 - Down to Bamboo (2,000m)

Today we are going to trek pretty much all the way back to the road head leaving only an hour or two to finish off tomorrow before driving back to Kathmandu. The weather is great and we make good time. I am in fact coming down at about the same speed as I went up. Quite a bit of the descent is steep and covered in loose gravel which makes for prime slipping terrain so I am being very cautious.
Team getting ready for another day on the trail
 
 
Passing through the high altitude villages

Back over the suspension bridges

Back down to tree level

The cascading river near Bamboo


A (well earned) beer at sunset


A stomach bug seems to have been doing the rounds in the group but I seem to have avoided it so far however as the afternoon wears on I am starting to feel the tell-tale strains - we'll have to see where this one goes.

We get to our destination 'Bamboo' which is a small group of teahouses perched on a plateau next to the river which has a great view down the river. We only have an hour or so tomorrow and as a reward for the past few days have a beer as the sun sets - it is all very pleasant but this seems to be the final straw for me and soon I have a fever and an acrobatic stomach and so head for an early bed. I don't have any clean clothes left so decide to take a rather large dose of Imodium to get me through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment